NLog is a .NET logging library designed with simplicity and flexibility in
mind. With NLog you can process diagnostic messages emitted from any .NET
language, augment them with contextual information, format them according to
your preference and send them to one or more targets.
The API (application programming interface) is similar to log4net, and the
configuration is very simple. NLog uses a routing table while log4net uses a
logger hierarchy with attachable appenders. This makes NLog's configuration
very easy to read and maintain.
The highlights of this release are:
* Completely rewritten tutorial featuring nice screenshots.
* Visual Studio 2005 Integration
* Ready-to-run example projects for VS2005.
* Optimized File target that can write to multiple files at once from
multiple processes while keeping the files open.
* Automatic archiving of log files (a.k.a. "rolling file" target)
* New WebService and CSVFile targets.
* Even more speed improvements in the non-logging area.