Compiling NLog code

Jonathan Parker
Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling the NLog code.

The AssemblyBuildInfo.cs is nowhere to be found.

When I run the default build target on the Nant build file the UpdateBuildNumber.exe throws a file not found exception.

I would create the file myself but I'm not sure what's supposed to be inside it.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

P.S. I've previously used the asminfo task ( http://nant.sourceforge.net/release/latest/help/tasks/asminfo.html ) in NAnt for generating assemblyinfo files. Is that what the UpdateBuildNumber.exe does?

Re: Compiling NLog code

Rob Smyth
Jonathan Parker wrote
Hi,
I'm having trouble compiling the NLog code .... The AssemblyBuildInfo.cs is nowhere to be found.
I did not have the same problem, but I initially opened the 'refresh' source in VS2005 and could not compile. It gave me access violation problems, something to do with the registry and suggesting I should run as Administrator. I reopened the solution using VS2008 running as administrator and no problems. Compiled fine.

Rob Smyth
http://robsmyth.com

Re: [Nlog-list] Compiling NLog code

Are you using NLog 1.0 Refresh? This should be fixed in the new release available on nlog.CodePlex.com.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Rob Smyth [via NLog Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jonathan Parker wrote:
Hi,
I'm having trouble compiling the NLog code .... The AssemblyBuildInfo.cs is nowhere to be found.
I did not have the same problem, but I initially opened the 'refresh' source in VS2005 and could not compile. It gave me access violation problems, something to do with the registry and suggesting I should run as Administrator. I reopened the solution using VS2008 running as administrator and no problems. Compiled fine.

Rob Smyth
http://robsmyth.com

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Compiling-NLog-code-tp2154046p3897476.html
To start a new topic under NLog Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NLog Forum, click here.

Re: [Nlog-list] Compiling NLog code

Rob Smyth
Hi Jaroslaw

Yes it was the 1.0 refresh code. But I did not spend time on it.

Rob Smyth
Mobile: 0422 379 180
Email: rob_rbs.id.au

"Truth is a gem that is found at a great depth; whilst on the surface of this world, all things are weighed by the false scale of custom."
- Byron

BloggerFlickrFlickrLinkedindel.icio.us

Jonathan Parker wrote:
Hi,
I'm having trouble compiling the NLog code .... The AssemblyBuildInfo.cs is nowhere to be found.
I did not have the same problem, but I initially opened the 'refresh' source in VS2005 and could not compile. It gave me access violation problems, something to do with the registry and suggesting I should run as Administrator. I reopened the solution using VS2008 running as administrator and no problems. Compiled fine.

Rob Smyth
http://robsmyth.com

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Compiling-NLog-code-tp2154046p3899056.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Compiling NLog code, click here.