Growl for Windows target for NLog

Ryan Farley
I just wanted to post here that I have created a custom target for NLog to log to Growl for Windows. This target allows you to receive Growl notifications for NLog logging events on the local machine as well as send Growl notifications to another computer.

Details are here: http://ryanfarley.com/blog/archive/2010/05/06/announcing-the-growl-for-windows-target-for-nlog.aspx

Source on Github: http://github.com/RyanFarley/NLogGrowlNotify

-Ryan

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

Can you add link to the wiki?

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

Ryan Farley
I have added it here: http://wiki.nlog-project.org/Examples#Using_NLog_Targets

Is it OK that I just linked to my blog post or should I add all the content in the Wiki article?

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

It's perfect.

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

btsoi
hi Ryan

It seems it doesn't work on the latest version?

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

btsoi
I have problems with version 2.0 of nlog
The file nLog.config does not understand the definition

<target name="growl" type="GrowlNotify" password="" host="" port="" />

because the NLog template 's NLog.config has namespace

so i change the type to from 'type' to 'xsi:type', but still . it doesn't recognize GrowlNotify type

Re: Growl for Windows target for NLog

Mykola Rykov