Header/Footer II

gk-2
Hello all.

Thought I'd try again

A very simple question: Can I write a Header/footer when I open/close a log file?

Please help.

I cannot distinguish where the logging for each run of the app starts and where it ends.

Is this not a problem for anyone else?

Thanks.

Re: Header/Footer II

Sorry, I haven't noticed your message.

Headers/footers aren't possible today but I hope to add it before 1.0 final. This is non-trivial as single File target supports multiple open files and headers/footers might interfere with it (hou have to keep track of the files you've opened, and so on).

In the meantime please add a programmatic log message at startup/shutdown of your app.
NLog Blog