How to decide which version to put in GAC

How to decide which version to put in GAC

Paul

I have noticed that I can only have 1 version of the Nlog built for a given runtime in my GAC on a machine. Meaning that only the .Net 2.0 or .Net 3.5 can be installed at the same time.

What are the risks of putting say NLog .Net 2.0 into the GAC and then building a project DLL with a ref to the 3.5 component?

Is the 3.5 component faster than 2.0?

Re: How to decide which version to put in GAC

The main difference between 2.0 and 3.5 is support for LINQ - since 2.0 does not support LINQ-like operators in the BCL, some operators had to be emulated in code, but there should be no difference in terms of speed of execution or other functionality.