LogReceiverService Security

rschmidt
How would I go about securing my LogReceiverService? I need to expose this to the internet so I want to ensure only authorized apps can call it. I don't see anything in the settings to support authorization.

Thanks

Re: LogReceiverService

Since WCF is being used, you can use all client auth options available on WCF.
You can use 'endpointConfigurationName' parameter to specify the name
of WCF config to be used:

http://nlog-project.org/wiki/LogReceiverService_target#LogReceiverService_endpointConfigurationName

Re: LogReceiverService

rschmidt
That seems to help though I am running into other issues now. I'll create another post for those.

The endpointAddress field is mandatory which doesn't seem right if you are entering the endpointConfigurationName as the config would include the address. If both are specified which is used?