Logger setting for custom logger

Jonathan Parker
Hi,

As you know I'm implementing a custom logger.
The problem I'm facing now is that the type of the logger (I'm not inheriting from Logger I'm using composition)
is still NLog.Logger not my Logger class. This means that the NLog.LoggerImpl.Write method gets the wrong value for firstUserFrame (see bellow)
which means that the Logger field is being logged as my Logger class rather than the class that called my class.

Are there any options without modifying the core code? It doesn't look like i can create a custom LoggerImpl.

Your help is much appreciated.

Re: Logger setting for custom logger

Yes. It's possible. See examples/LoggerWrapper for sample implementation.

The key is passing the wrapper type to Logger.Log method. This will be used by NLog to determine the first user frame, by skipping all NLog methods and all other methods until methods from the wrapper type have been reached. The next stack frame becomes the user stack frame.

Jarek