NLog 2.0 in medium trust? Please help, customer waiting for deploy...

NLog 2.0 in medium trust? Please help, customer waiting for deploy...

dario-g
I try to run in medium trust in .net framework 2.0 but it not working. I've got "SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.".

Is it working in medium trust or not?

Please, help :)

Best regards
Darek

Re: NLog 2.0 in medium trust? Please help, customer waiting for deploy...

dario-g
I've just playing with framework 3.5 i 4.0.
With 3.5 (2.0) not working but with 4.0 works well (EVEN NLog 1.0). :)

Unfortunately my client has crappy hosting without framework 4.0. :(

So, what about NLog 2.0 and framework 3.5 (2.0)?

Best regards
Darek

Re: NLog 2.0 in medium trust? Please help, customer waiting for deploy...

Unfortunately NLog 2 does not directly support partially trusted
callers (this needs a thorough security review). Some people have
reported that by adding APTCA attribute + making some small code
changes they were able to get it to run, but I'm not able to comment
on security of this solution nor do I support or endorse such
sollutions.

Pozdrawiam,

Re: NLog 2.0 in medium trust? Please help, customer waiting for deploy...

dario-g
Thanks for the quick reply. :)
Unfortunately I will have to resign from nlog in this project. I have no time to looking for solutions. :(

Any way. NLog is great :)

Pozdrawiam
Darek :)