NLog & windows service

usernameexists
I wish to use the NLogger within a windows service, but i can't get it to work (the service crashes while starting up). So i assumed that it would have something to do with file(user) permissions and instead of running the service as a local system service i tried to run it with an administrative user having the right to log on as service, but with no success.
The corresponding line is:
static Logger logger = LogManager.GetLogger("MyClassName");
If i leave this line out the service is able to start...

I also tried to copy all precompiled dlls into the build directory and referenced them from there, but still no success.

I would like to use the NLogger within my windows service, because it's the best logger i have come across yet. I hope somebody can point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance!

Re: NLog & windows service

can you post your config file?