NLog for .Net Framework 2.0

Robin SU
Dear All:

We plan to implment .Net Framework 2.0 (VS.Net 2005) Project and base on NLog. Does  you have any experience on it and share us?

And, Is any plan of NLog upgrade to .Net 2.0 ?

Thanks a lot,
- Robin

Re: NLog for .Net Framework 2.0

Robin SU wrote
Dear All:

We plan to implment .Net Framework 2.0 (VS.Net 2005) Project and base on NLog. Does  you have any experience on it and share us?
Version 0.9 has a known problem when running on .NET 2.0 This has been fixed after the release. Please use one of the recent snapshots - they work quite nicely with .NET 2.0.

Robin SU wrote
And, Is any plan of NLog upgrade to .Net 2.0 ?
This isn't decided yet. Upgrading to .NET 2.0 might bring some performance gains, but at the cost of breaking binary compatibility with .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1. Today, the binary release of NLog works with all popular CLIs (.NET 1.0, .NET 1.1, Mono 1.0, Mono 1.1, .NET 2.0). .NET2-specific targets, layout renderers and filters can be well supported using today's infrastructure, so unless there's any killer reason, I wouldn't switch to .NET 2.0.

In a few months time, when everyone out there will be already using .NET 2.0, we might reconsider the switch.