NLog with WCF and DataBase logging

Broken Pipe
I'm new to NLog, and trying to figure out is it possible to archive this behavior with NLog:
In general: I'm trying to log mesages that are defined in my own custom class (that contains structed data, like product name, component, version, etc).
I found that there is a generic overload for loging in NLog.Logger class, however when I pass by object, it will simple do a ToString on it, and display Type in log, I can create ToString overload, that will create nice string of it, but what to do If I need to store this structure  in database, and not just as single string column, how to do it? The same applies to WCF target.
It looks like i need to create custom layoutRender or something, but there is so little documentation available I can't figure out how to extend NLog, all example are trivial.

Re: NLog with WCF and DataBase logging

StrandedPirate
So this is were questions go to die...