New NLog release

http://www.nlog-project.org/snapshots/ has a preview of new release of NLog.

The most recent snapshot of NLog has (compared to 0.95):

* framework specific builds (.NET 1.0/1.1/2.0, .NETCF 1.0/2.0, Mono 1.0/2.0)
* debug/release versions for troubleshooting/debugging
* single NLog.dll instead of NLog.Win32.dll, NLog.Unix.dll and so on
* new installer
* updated documentation (now uses NDoc 2.0 Alpha3k - still buggy)
* Mail target optimized for .NET 2.0 APIs
* colorful console with word and row highlighting. See the screenshots here:
http://www.nlog-project.org/snapshots/20060505/web/target.ColoredConsole.html
* File target with auto-archiving (a.k.a. rolling file appender in log4net
world)
* File target optimized for multi-process writes (including special
optimization for Unix)
* Performance Counter target (counts messages)
* minor API tweaks (enums instead of strings)

There are still many issues to be sorted out (mostly documentation "holes",
partially because of NDoc 2.0 changes). I'm awaiting comments.

RE: New NLog release

Francis1
Jaroslaw,

CPU usage was stuck at 99% with the 5/5 release.  I reverted to 4/22.

Thanks,

Francis

settings.nlog (1K) Download Attachment

Re: New NLog release

1. Can you tell me which build is it? net-1.0 or some framework-specific?

2. If it's Mono, can you try the generic build? I suspect a mono-specific
bug...

3. Is it repeatable?

Jarek

> CPU usage was stuck at 99% with the 5/5 release.  I reverted to 4/22.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis

Re: New NLog release

Can you try the 5/10 release? I might have fixed the bug...

Jarek