New Windows.Forms target

marcin krupinski
Hi,
  I've just added to new targets that logs to Windows.Forms controls:
  - FormControl target that logs to Text property of any Windows.Forms.Control
  - RichTextBox target with row- and word- coloring similar to ColoredConsole target.

  Sources and samples can be found in SVN repository. Let me know what you think of those targets.

Martin

Re: New Windows.Forms target

Thanks. I've updated it a bit to build on all supported frameworks and made a new snapshot (20060704).

Jarek

Can't build .NET2 solution

Francis1
Hi,

The .NET 2 solution from SVN has 29 errors and won't compile.  I tried
removing all the projects except Nlog-net-2.0 but it still doesn't compile.
How do you build it?

Thanks,

Francis

Re: Can't build .NET2 solution

Ctrl-Shift-B ;-) I don't get any errors. I use NLog-net-2.0.sln and I open
it with VS2005 Professional.

I've just tried to checkout the sources for NLog-1.0-RC1 on a clean machine
with just Visual C# Express Edition installed and it also builds fine
(modulo some unsupported features - Solution Items and NLogC project). Same
thing with the official source release nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip and the latest
SVN trunk.

Can you post the error messages you get ?

Jarek
> The .NET 2 solution from SVN has 29 errors and won't compile.  I tried
> removing all the projects except Nlog-net-2.0 but it still doesn't
> compile.
> How do you build it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis

> easier

Re: Can't build .NET2 solution

Francis1
Jarek,

Debug compiles fine, try Release: 29 errors.  Let me know if you don't get
them and I'll send you the list.

Thanks,

Francis

> The .NET 2 solution from SVN has 29 errors and won't compile.  I tried
> removing all the projects except Nlog-net-2.0 but it still doesn't
> compile.
> How do you build it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis

> easier

easier

Re: Can't build .NET2 solution

Fixed in SVN. Thanks.

Jarek
> Debug compiles fine, try Release: 29 errors.  Let me know if you don't get
> them and I'll send you the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis

Re: New Windows.Forms target

MaartenClaes
Hi Martin,

Nice worker!

For me it compiles and works great in Windows.Forms applications. Logger.logs from withing the application thread are ok. When I logger.log from another thread (not the application thread) then nothing is send to the richtextbox.

I then tried using the <targets async="true"> feature but when you enable that nothing is send to the richtextbox.

Are you aware of this problem? I will look into it. I think we need some kind of form.invokes here...

Maarten

Re: New Windows.Forms target

marcin krupinski
Hi,
    Maarten has recently found a bug in RichTextBoxTarget - there were problems with writing to control from another thread. Maarten also made a patch to NLog, which after slight modifications (building under .NET 1.1 , and making same changes to FormControlTarget is now in SVN).
   Thanks for the patch Maarten. Hope it's not your last code that will be in SVN :)

On 7/31/06, Maarten Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Martin,

Invoking the RichTextBox-code on the application thread works! I tested with async targets and all messages (also from other threads) are logged. I've only tested in .NET 2.0.