Newbie getting missing file (IFileAppender.cs) with nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip

Newbie getting missing file (IFileAppender.cs) with nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip

amores perros
(Ignorant newbie trying and failing to compile the released
source with Visual Studio 2005 Express edition)

I downloaded, unpacked, and tried to compile from this release:

nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip

The first error is:

error CS1504: Source file
'...\NLog-1.0-RC1\src\NLog\Internal\FileAppenders\IFileAppender.cs' could
not be opened ('El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado. ')

I have the Internal\FileAppenders subdirectory, but I don't have
IFileAppendres.cs inside it.

I do have "IFileAppenderFactory.cs" in it, and "BaseFileAppender.cs".

Is something supposed to build "IFileAppenders.cs" on-the-fly as
part of the build process?

BTW, the second error is similar:

error CS1504: Source file
'...\NLog-1.0-RC1\src\NLog\Internal\FileAppenders\IFileCreator.cs' could not
be opened ('El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado. ')

Other targets have other errors, eg:

...\NLog-1.0-RC1\src\NLog.ComInterop\Logger.cs(38,12): error CS0234: The
type or namespace name 'Internal' does not exist in the class or namespace
'NLog' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Re: Newbie getting missing file (IFileAppender.cs) with nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip

amores perros wrote:
> (Ignorant newbie trying and failing to compile the released
> source with Visual Studio 2005 Express edition)

The problem is - I don't use Visual Studio for the release process - I
use NAnt.

The files are there - they are just not added to the Visual Studio
solution. If you're planning to recompile NLog with Visual Studio, you
should manually add them or wait for the next version to provide them.

Re: Newbie getting missing file (IFileAppender.cs) with nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip

The new set of snapshots is available at:

http://www.nlog-project.org/snapshots/

If fixes the missing file issue, hopefully for good, as the
synchronization is now part of the build process.

Re: Newbie getting missing file (IFileAppender.cs) with nlog-1.0-RC1

amores perros

>From: Jaroslaw Kowalski Subject: Re: [Nlog-list] Newbie getting missing
>file (IFileAppender.cs) with  nlog-1.0-RC1-src.zip
>Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:47:37 +0200
>
>amores perros wrote:
>>(Ignorant newbie trying and failing to compile the released
>>source with Visual Studio 2005 Express edition)
>>
>The problem is - I don't use Visual Studio for the release process - I use
>NAnt.
>
>The files are there - they are just not added to the Visual Studio
>solution. If you're planning to recompile NLog with Visual Studio, you
>should manually add them or wait for the next version to provide them.
>
>Jarek

Finally it appeared to me that one solution has the files
and the other one is lacking files -- lacking different files
depending which snapshot or release I tried.

Would it help if I fixed the broken solution and emailed you
a fixed copy? (I'd normally offer to post it to a patch tracker
at sourceforge, but I think I saw that this project has no
trackers at sourceforge.)