NlogViewer

KlaWill
I loaded the last Release of Nlogviewer (20.067.06)

The old Nlogviewer dislplays the Messages of my application (14.06.06)
The new Nlogviewer dislplays an Error

can you tell me what's wrong ?

The Log-files i am writing are correct.
Everything else with nlog is Ok

Only the Viewer (UDP Port 4000) doesnt work
Do I configure something wrong ?
i configure with the the build-in  Tool:
1,) New Live log Reviever  (Next)
2.) UDP Receiver              (Next)
3.) Port 4000                    (Next)
4.) XML                            (Next)
5.)                                  (Next)  On this Page i do nothing
6.)                                  (Next)
7.)                                  (finish)

I hope you have an Idea

best regards Klaus

Re: NlogViewer

The code for NLogViewer in SVN is far from being complete and may even not work at all. I recommend that you stick to the earlier versions if they work for you and wait for some more stable release.

Re: NlogViewer

I've just committed a large amount of code which is known to work. The SVN revision is 482 and the source can be downloaded from:

http://svn.sav.net/snapshots/zip/nlog-r482.zip

BTW. Make sure to use the latest version of NLog (or RC1) because NLogViewer target has been broken for a while and I've just fixed it. The new snapshot should be in place in an hour.

Re: NlogViewer

KlaWill
Hello jaroslaw

I've just testet the new Nlogviewer. (R-482)
Yes it works (a bit), but Viewer does not display the Messages as expected.
instead it shows a Messagebox with the received Message.

It looks like the rest of debugging the program.

greetings
   Klaus

Re: NlogViewer

Can you send me you client NLog configuration?

The message appears because of some problems with parsing the log message. Please send the screenshot of it, as well, prefereably to my email address jaak -at- jkowalski -dot- net
NLog Blog