Strange Behavior with ASPX?

mrasmussen
I just spent the last two hours looking at my nlog config thinking I had something wrong but apparently I didn't.

I have a simple aspx page that I wanted enable nlogging with.  I added the reference, called the standard private Logger m_logger = NLog.LogManager.GetCurrentClassLogger(); ( I understand this isn't the most efficient way) and then started logging my class.  When I run the page, nothing, not a log file created or anything.  I went through my config file numerous times but it looked right.  I thought I might have a permissions issue so I opened the security on the directory to everyone, still no file.  I then was going through the API online and I see a ThrowException boolean that might be helpful. I thought I could at least see the error I am dealing with.  I set ThrowException to true after I make the call to GetCurrentLogger and instead of an exception, I see all of the log entries I was writing.  Can someone help me understand what could be happening here?  I'm thrilled I finally have logging but I would like to know how setting that boolean caused things to work?

By the way, I have logging in other projects and i have not experienced the issue.  I am using version 1.0.0.505.

Re: Strange Behavior with ASPX?

Jason LaFlair
Administrator
Could you post your config file so we can see what might be going on??