logger hanging windows service indefinitely

logger hanging windows service indefinitely

aggieben
I have a super-simple windows service that literally only logs a single message at both OnStart and OnStop.  I have an NLog.config which configures a single Chainsaw target, and a single rule that directs all log messages to that target.

See here for my service class and the NLog.config:
https://gist.github.com/3073339

The service never finishes starting, and the NLog messages never show up on the other end of that UDP target.  I have tried stepping into the NLog assembly using Reflector.NET and I can confirm that things get locked up somewhere in the NLog assembly, but I had a hard time pinpointing exactly where.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Re: logger hanging windows service indefinitely

aggieben
Another little bit of information: what I did previously was to install the service with a user identity (a user with admin rights).  If I remove it and install it again but with the LocalSystem identity, it works just fine.

????